Friday, April 20, 2007

Joost Beta TV on the Computer

I enjoy the concept of TV programming on the PC. I have never owned a TV and find that this could open the door to a lot of content. There are still a few issues that need work in the Joost Beta, but you can't beat the price(free). I recommend that you make every effort to get your hands on a beta invite and check it out.

Interface -
The interface was not very intuitive. Sure, I could have read instructions, but who wants to do that? I had a hard time figuring out how to move from screen, and even find the button to close the program.

Content - There are a variety of channels in the beta. You should be able to find something that you can watch to test the service without falling asleep.

Speed - Obviously, we are not talking about high resolution, but I was impressed with the speed that the programming started playing after the channel was selected. I have broadband cable internet.

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think. Email me for an beta invite!

No comments: