Tuesday, April 17, 2007

YouMail Personalized Voicemail



YouMail is one of my favorite free services on the internet. I can't believe how little publicity it receives. The personalized voicemail receives more comments/compliments than a cool website or e-mail signature combined. Granted, it does only work with Verizon, T-Mobile, and Cingular GSM, but here are a few reasons that I love this service:

Wow Factor - The impression it leaves when you call that person's name in their voicemail greeting is priceless. People would almost rather get your cool voicemail than actually speak with you.

Simplicity - It is extremely simple to set up with step-by-step instructions from the website. You can record greetings through your phone, with your computer mic, or upload audio files. (see screenshot below)

Accessibility - You can access your voice mail throught the old fashioned audio navigation on your phone or the iPhone style on their website. I also have all the voicemails e-mailed to me as attatched .wav files that I normally listen to at my desktop. This makes it a little easier to take notes.

Archiving - Want to save that e-mail with instructions from your client? Just archive the e-mail with the attatchment and pull it up later for reference.

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think! Do you have any other creative ideas for how to use this service?

By Rob
YouMail.com

No comments: